Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Augusta?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Augusta? Normally, there are three significant sectors of your residence for camera installations: your main entry, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. Even though your security installer is able to advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
Although it may seem crazy that an intruder would try to casually walk in primary entrance, 34% of break-ins happen at this obvious access point. There are also package thieves among other risks to deal with. A doorbell camera is ideal to tackle all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you can converse with all guests who approach and engage the doorbell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. When a person begins doing something nefarious, you are able to have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and send it to your cell phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are some useful suggestions to make sure your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Augusta home provide an impressive sightline, letting you see two sections of your yard.
- Right under an overhang or directly into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any entryway not visible from the road.
For each installation, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that may block the camera’s view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your home in Augusta. However, the added flexibility results in there being more factors to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will provide a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s broken. Place your security cameras in a spot where little ones and house pets aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (706) 397-7051 or submit the form below to start your project.