How Does Geofencing In Augusta Integrate With A Security System?
Modern smart security installations have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to do basic security chores like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Augusta, you can simply drive off to work and have your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Augusta For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you may customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to communicate with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto the same network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” around your property and designate particular actions as you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you pull away from your property, you can program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Augusta. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera detects strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that all act in unison. Have your lighting lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Augusta
Whether you seek additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (706) 397-7051 or submit the following form to get started on your ideal security system.