Security cameras can solely be used as a warning—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come armed with a plethora of tools all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Augusta.
How To Set Up Your Augusta Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your home security cameras at the optimal spots around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots like the living room or den. It’s also a good notion to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Secrecy for you and your visitors needs to be a major consideration before installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Augusta. The features shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your phone anytime strange movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with people with the camera. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to guard specific areas within your living space.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Augusta is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (706) 397-7051 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.