How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Augusta
You realize you have to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it supplies shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your possessions. But what kind of home protection is best? Figuring out if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Augusta and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring team that is prepared to act at all times. When an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring specialists receive a notification instantly. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your alarm goes off, you must respond to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Augusta
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup in place is always wise. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will get access to a fully connected system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many individuals would prefer to have the job completed by qualified technicians, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for most as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Augusta
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers may consider this a pro as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation charge. Other residents may prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can install equipment whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance will generate more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you need a helping hand during the install, you may have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Augusta
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Augusta from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right solution for you. Contact (706) 397-7051 today to speak with our security experts.